We love it...we want it...we can't get enough of it!! CHINTZ!
The International Quilt Museum has planned an amazing weekend of seeing and studying early chintz quilts and fabrics from their collection! Prepare yourself for fabulous days of fellowship and eye candy as together we we explore some incredible early chintzes.
Our special weekend quilt event will include:
- Up close viewing of chintz quilts and early chintz fabrics in the IQM collection
- Special lectures with guest speakers including Winterthur's Linda Eaton and Kimberly Smith Ivey from the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
- Early chintz quilts from the collection of Mary & Kate Edgar
- Private IQM exhibition tours including a gallery talk and tour of the exhibit, OLD WORLD QUILTS, the earliest quilts in the museum collection
- Show and Tell of participant chintzes
- Exhibit tour at Nebraska History Museum featuring Nebraska Unwrapped and Votes for Women:Nebraska's Sufferage Story. See Grace Snyder's Flower Basket Quilt and more.
- Welcome Reception
- One-year museum membership
- Special gifts & surprises
You will not want this fabulous once-in-a-lifetime display of chintz prepared just for our guests. This will be one quilt study weekend you will never forget!
Price $425. All event proceeds benefit the museum.